Monday, February 20, 2012

Chocolate Truffle Tartlet


Tricia's Turn ~
I never thought I would be unexcited about baking 
something chocolate, yet this TWD hit at a particularly
 busy time........and unexcited I was. 

Leave it to Dorie, however, to hand me a recipe that I ended up
 enjoying from start to finish.  I got a delicious chocolate tart AND 
and attitude adjustment, although for me - those two tend to go
 hand in hand....... regardless of who is doing the cooking :)       
It was a day of much "eating of words" in addition to eating tartlet.
  I planned to short cut as many steps and ingredients as I could to
 "knock this one out", but instead managed to make two separate 
trips to the grocery store and still maintain a smile on my face. 

Little Miss "I am going to microwave that chocolate and butter...." 
instead found it very peaceful and creative to turn those items into 
a glorious chocolate liquid treat and not get any steam 
burns in the process. (I was getting worried with this technique)
This truly was a delight of  recipe from start to finish for me.  
I am certain I will get much distance on that chocolate crust
 alone  and I am already formulating plans to use it
 for other delicious concoctions.
Overall - this was a knock out recipe and I am now even
 more looking forward to this whole TWD adventure.

25 comments:

  1. Your photos are fantastic. That is certainly a good looking tart. I
    look forward to trying it sometime soon. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tricia, your tart is beautiful. The crust looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made a single tart - we served ours with strawberries, too. There really is nothing like a little culinary therapy - and chocolate - to turn your attitude around! I'm glad you enjoyed this one - we did, too!

    Until FFWD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny :-) I wish I had thought of fruit for these. Great idea.
    My lack of enthusiasm is saved for the rugelach and soda bread. I am trying to get myself out of my funk before I tackle those.
    See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tart looks terrific! I love the pan, it's a favorite (I always use it for "my" version of the chocolate tart), though didn't use it this time. Your photos look great, and I'm glad you had fun making this! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always like seeing tarts in the rectangular shape. Love your strawberry garnishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous tart! I used the same tart pan - my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rectangular tart mold is probably my favorite shape for a tart these days. It's so pretty! I was right there with you on the lack of motivation for this recipe. I seriously considered skipping it, especially when my day ended up being dominated by car issues, but I'm glad I didn't. Even though I didn't really care for the tarts myself, my husband enjoyed them and I finally managed to make a tart dough that didn't crack in the oven. We all need our little victories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tart looks great, and I am coveting that tart pan! How cute! I agree, the crust will definitely be put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the rectangular tart! SO pretty!!!! Nicely done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tart looks absolutely delicious, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tart and perfect with those luscious strawberries. This recipe...spending time in the kitchen with wonderful chocolates, made my day. The best stress reducer I know. Your photos are so inviting...looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know that you were also Baking with Julia and Dorie. How fun! Your tart looks fabulous and I am so glad that it changed your mind about making it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous tart! So glad you enjoyed this recipe! It certainly was delicious...a real treat! Glad to be baking with you on TwD!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tart looks gorgeous! Seems we all enjoyed making this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your photos! The strawberries really brighten them up. I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I *so* want one of those tart pans! Love the rectangle look!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tart looks great! Love the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want this pan ;)

    ~Carmen
    http://bakingismyzen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used that same pan. Don't you love it? It is easily my favorite baking pan. Also used strawberries. Great minds and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the rectangular shape- looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Tricia, you're the closest fellow baker I've found (I'm in S. Jersey). Great looking tart! And those almond biscuits look tasty!

    ReplyDelete