Who would have thought ? We are nothing but appreciative for getting nominated and are now catching up with sharing some little known facts and nominating other blogs. The rules ? Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Award 5 other bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
1. Love to go to cookbook signings.
2. Grew up NY metropolitan area and love to go back with coolers for Italian specialty items.
3. Nana 79 years young.
4. Paris is my all time favorite city.
5. Celebrated 50th wedding anniverary on Orient Express 6 years ago.
1. I came across blogs about a year ago and have gotten countless hours of enjoyment reading on such topics as home decorating, travel in France, cooking and related topics. I am now a true blog addict. I had not planned to do a blog at all but we needed to have one to participate in the "French Fridays with Dorie" cooking community, so I started this one up.
2. I am an accountant by day and enjoy the creativity that cooking and blogging allows me. Another creative outlet is scrapbooking my children's lives...and I am very, very behind !
3. Since Nana shared, I will as well. I turned 45 in January. Hey, it's not like we are telling how much we weigh (especially after all these French Fridays......)
4. We have a vacation home in Southern Vermont that I adore. My husband and sons love to go skiing and I love to stay home (with Nana and Grandpa especially) and cook. I tease that I will take my lift tickets in cash.....
5. I love to travel and enjoy loading the whole family- Nana and Grandpa too when they can join us- into the minivan to take a road trip. We have done cross country and numerous other roads trips, and we even have a CD with Johnny Cash's "I've been Everywhere Man" sound that we start each day of our road trip with. Hilarious. And no, we don't know all the words....
Now to award some more stylish blogs....
Thank you again to Cher for nominating us- we are really touched. And you make our number 1 spot for awarding this back at ya.
1) http://crazyworldofcher.blogspot.com/ : Nana and I read you blog each week and enjoy your humor immensely. Cher is definitely a person we would enjoy having a cup of coffee with - the highest honor we award :) Cher is a member of the French Friday's with Dorie community.
2) http://jumpingoffthecliff-sirey.blogspot.com/ - Steph is also a FFWD member and we enjoy her comments and her posts every week. She keeps it real and is the type of person you also want to have a cup of coffee...or perhaps a glass of French wine with. Love her blog and reading about her adventures in France.
3) http://cocinadiary.blogspot.com/ - I happened on this I am not even sure how (you know how blogging is...) and I found it to be a keeper. Angie is amazing and she originally was a member of FFWD but is currently following a different diet and blog path. Her blogs are prolific, full of gorgeous photos, great inspiration and tons of joy. She is cool and she is an inpiration. Enjoy.
4) http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com/ - this is a non cooking blog. I absolutely adore this lovely family - Joanie, Dan and rescued/spoiled pooch Ella ! They are documenting their move to New Hampshire and restoration of a home. The home is gorgeous and I have read every post. Joanie even got a birthday present of a luncheon with Bunny Williams. Enough said. Get over there !
5) http://littlebrownpen.blogspot.com/ - I happened about this one when researching French links. I adore Paris- went there with Nana last year and we are planning a trip for this autumn. Nichole is the blogger and with her husband Evan she is pursuing her dream of spending as much time in Paris, taking photos, as possible. They even travel back and forth with their two young sons...not waiting for the right time but figuring out how to make it happen NOW. She is making the dream happen and her photos and posts bring me great pleasure. Enjoy !