Wednesday, September 18, 2013

International Food Blogger's Convention ~ Seattle

"Per Nana" ~
Three years ago when Tricia approached me to do a food blog with her, I had no idea what she was talking about. Here we are, having completed 152 recipes, planning to attend the "International Food Blogger's Convention. Who knew we would come this far.

We are looking forward to meeting so many of our fellow Doristas in person, although I feel like we know them already. We have followed Dorie with all her recipes, her bonne ideas, had many a laugh and a few disasters along the way. If any of you recall when we made the short ribs, I "accidentally" poured the fat down the drain and plugged up my kitchen sink. Tricia and I worked for hours to clear it. (but hey, the ribs turned out pretty good)  I now keep a supply of drain cleaner handy, since "you just never know".  
Tricia and I have been to many cookbook signings over the years and met quite a few well known chefs.  However we are extremely excited to finally meet Dorie Greenspan - whose book "Around My French Table" started it all for us. 
The IFBC is exciting in and of itself, but the fact that Dorie will be the keynote speaker is really over the top.  Aside from the blogging portion of this adventure, I have learned a great deal about cooking, a few new techniques, and tasted some foods I had never even heard of - all thanks to Dorie Greenspan.  I have also collected more spices and gadgets than I will ever use in a my lifetime, but I can't blame that all on Dorie :)


On to Seattle...........

2 comments:

  1. Wait - where did you get those bags? I want one. No, I NEED one!! Have so much fun. I'll be there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeee! Can't wait to meet both of you ladies. Travel safely...

    ReplyDelete