Friday, December 9, 2011

Chard Stuffed Pork Roast

Nana made it in before the deadline this week and her results are so delicious that I am vowing to catch up over the weekend - Happy French Friday !




Per Nana:

This week's selection is a winner and will definitely
be added to my collection of recipes.  Hubby and I both
 enjoy pork and the addition of the chard stuffing was delightful. 
 
 
I thought the combination of onions, garlic, raisins and
 chard with the added pinch of red pepper flakes was pleasant.  
I considered adding some toasted pine nuts but decided to
 follow Dorie's instructions.  I might try that another time.
 
 
 
As you can see from the pictures, I had to substitute
 skewers for kitchen twine.  With all the planning there is
always something you miss, but the skewers worked just as 
well since the piece of pork was just under two pounds.
 
 
 
I am looking forward to Dorie's suggestion of making a pork
sandwich ( with a little mustard or mayo on seeded rye bread). 
 Sounds delicious, doesn't it? 

14 comments:

  1. That's beautiful - I love the substantial layer of stuffing in the pork. What a great use for the skewers! I'll keep that trick in mind, Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I liked the idea of this one, but somehow I still can't seem to cook pork properly. Sigh, maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't read any of the other stuff around the recipe, but the sandwich does sound good!! :) Your roast looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crust looks fantastic! Impressive post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, my husband felt the sandwich the next day was actually better than the original dish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nana, yours looks fabulous! I agree with the pine nuts...I was thinking about adding a nut too. Tricia, you have to make this this weekend...it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it does sound delicious! Beautiful pork roast. We really enjoyed this roast too with all that colorful and flavorful stuffing. This is a great idea and one the men in my family totally loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great - as long as the skewers kept all the "good stuff" inside while the roast cooked, that's all that matters :-)

    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  9. The seasoning on the pork looks so delicious! I ended up with pork tenderloin, wrapped in prosciutto, but was pleased with the result. I've got some catching up to do also, missing the past several weeks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fantastic! I love the crust on it - I wish I hadn't skipped that step!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roast looks perfect and I like your idea of adding some pine nuts for a bit of extra crunch. I would like to try this again with raisins or even some apples because I think apples and pork just go so well together. I am also looking forward to having a pork sandwich with leftovers - it does sound so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you Nana - the stuffing in this roast was delightful. I am sure that your sandwich will taste great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Your sliced roast with all the chard stuffing looks wonderful. I like your idea of adding pine nuts, I think that's a natural with the chard. Enjoy your sandwiches;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I became sick after posting this recipe so going through all the FFWD comments now and feeling so hungry after looking at such amazing pics!
    Your roast looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete