Friday, January 21, 2011

Michel Rostang's Double Chocolate Mousse Cake

Nana covered this week's recipe and proclaimed
 this one a "real keeper".





Per Nana:

"THIS WAS FANTASTIC.    

I always said that the pastry and dessert in Paris were
the best I have ever eaten, and this wonderful cake proves my point.

I had my doubts about pouring the mixture into a bottomless pan,
but I found that if the oven is preheated, and you immediately
 place the cookie sheet and cake into oven. it somehow sets very
 quickly at 400 degrees.

I planned to serve the cake warm so I chilled the base
for 1 hour along with the remaining mousse.

I then completed the recipe and baked it for 30 minutes.

The springform ring came away easily, and I dusted
the top with cocoa as directed.

The first slice looks like death by chocolate, but the texture is really
light.   I served it with a dollop of whipped cream and it was simply delicious.
















It's a winner......
We must check out Chez Rostang when next we are in Paris. "

Per Tricia:

Sorry to bail, all.  My husband is out of town and two sons are "cutting weight" for wrestling.  We are literally hiding some food as it is around the household to avoid temptation....and I have two cakes in the fridge already due to a birthday this week.  But I will definitely have this at the top of the list when wrestling season is over !

And I am "in" for another trip to Paris.  Now we have the perfect excuse !

2 comments:

  1. Can I hide in your suitcase on your trip to Paris???? This looks lovely - glad it worked out so well for you. Tricia - I have the opposite problem with my girl during cross country season - she turns into an eating machine and I can't keep enough food in the house... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia & Nana - I just wanted you to know that I threw a "Stylish Blogger" award your way over on my blog. Participate as much or as little as you wish, but I wanted to let you know I enjoy your posts & that you two are in this challenge together.

    ReplyDelete